A123 AMP20 prismatic pouch cell is built to deliver high energy and power density combined. The AMP20 prismatic cell demonstrates industry-leading abuse tolerance coupled with excellent life performance under the most rigorous duty cycles. The AMP20 delivers high usable energy over a wide state of charge (SOC) range to minimize pack oversizing and offer very low cost per watt-hour. A123's Nanophosphate® Lithium Ion technology provides industry leading performance and safety with the highest discharge capability and longest cycle life of any other LiFePO4 cell on the market.
Prismatic Cell Primary Applications:
- Passenger and commercial plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs)
- Passenger and commercial battery electric vehicles (BEVs)
- Mild and micro hybrid vehicles
- Long-Duration (LD) grid energy storage systems
Prismatic Cell Benefits:
- Power: Over 2,400 W/kg and 4,500 W/L
- Safety: Excellent abuse tolerance and environmentally friendly
- Life: Excellent calendar and cycle life
Cell Dimensions (mm) 7.25 x 160 x 227
Cell Weight (g) 496
Cell Capacity (minimum, Ah) 19.6
Energy Content (nominal, Wh) 65
Discharge Power (nominal, W) 1200
Voltage (nominal, V) 3.3
Specific Power (nominal, W/kg) 2400
Specific Energy (nominal, Wh/kg) 131
Energy Density (nominal, Wh/L) 247
Operating Temperature -30°C to 55°C
Storage Temperature -40°C to 60°C
- Never completely discharge Li-ion battery (below 2.5V under load).
- Charge fully to 3.6V before first use.
- Never use force to install (insert) Li-ion battery.
- Do not use old and new battery cells together.
- Use only a high quality battery charger.
- Do not expose to heat.
- Do not short (connect) positive (top), and negative (bottom) battery terminals (contacts). Keep battery that is not in use in plastic holder (or any insulating container).
- Never charge battery over 4.25V (another reason to use high quality battery charger).
- Do not charge unattended unless using an intelligent charger that shuts off at full charge.
- Do not store your Li-ion batteries fully charged (for extended period of time).
- Store in cold and dry place at approximately 3.7V (storage charge).
- After battery is discharged don't leave it discharged, charge it as soon as possible.